Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Winter DIY & All Things That Inspire

It must be something about the cold weather and Christmas that put me in a DIY mood.  We have gone DIY crazy these past few weeks at our house.  Everything from a garage renovation to custom Christmas gifts, we've done it!!!  I've had the most fun making photo gifts for my family...I always try to throw some photos into my Christmas projects in some way or another...I just love photography so much I can't help it! This year, I made a photo book for my mom full of photos of my sister and I "through the years"...I know she's gonna love it, mom's always love gifts involving their kids.  I'm hoping she doesn't decide to read this blog and spoil the surprise...cross your fingers for me!  Shutterfly makes it so easy to make these...here's a screen grab of one of the pages I created...


Cute, right!?  I'm so excited to give it to her!  

The hubby has been hard at work doing DIY as well...his latest project has been renovating our garage which started out as a dusty, spider-invested, freezing cold (no insulation) storage space for our boxes...soon to be a bright white, clean photo/video studio!!!  I wish you could sense my excitement about this fully...but you'll just have to trust that I'll be talking about my "photo studio" quite a bit once it's finished.  Here's what it looks like mid-way through the daunting process...


It's crazy how much work it takes for a project like that!!!  

I've also been meaning to show you guys my most prized DIY project which is our dining room table that started out less-than-impressive and is now something I LOVE!!!  I promise you there will be a blog this week about it.  Thanks for being so patient with me and my lazy, forgetful blogging ways...I'll be more consistent, I promise!

Love and all the best, Sara.

No comments:

Post a Comment