Friday, January 20, 2012

DIY Room Makeover

I've spent my days off this week doing what I LOVE to do!!! DIY!!!  I converted our biggest spare bedroom into a "walk-in closet"/beauty studio...what I'm calling every girl's dream haha.  The room is not completely finished and there are so many DIY details that I'm going to share later on but I was so excited to write about it that I couldn't wait.  Here is the before...nasty green and brown...not my style at all.


The crazy animal in the photo is my cat Teal...she has an obsession with vents...weirdest cat ever.  Anyway, the easiest way to transform a room is to paint and that's what I did.  I went polar opposite of the green and brown and chose a dark grey which I love!  I wanted a neutral color so all of my decorations, makeup, clothes, etc would pop against the walls.  I also chose to paint the ceiling which you can barely see in the photos but it is the same color as the walls.  For the trim I used bright white for a nice contrast to the grey.  I LOVED the way it turned out!  Here it is before anything was in the room:


It took two coats of Valspar paint to cover the green which was almost a whole gallon.  I let the paint dry overnight so that it wouldn't be tacky when I was hanging decorations and putting up my vanity.  After a day of decorating and organization, here's what my semi-finished room looks like!


Vanity on the left, makeup organization to the right of that...


Right side of the room with table for filming YouTube videos, office work, etc...DIY jewelry organization on the wall, my new Audrey canvas (garage sale STEAL), and bookshelf to display my favorite things!!!  I will go into more detail soon and show my closet organization as well...that's a huge task so I've still got a lot of work to do.  Ladies, if you ever want to play with makeup/hair...let me know...I've got a whole room for it now haha...



PINK and sparkles,

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment